Friday, February 21, 2014

Charger

Those of y'all that know me or follow my posts know that I have an affinity for auctions. For me, it's not just a good way to get some great deals. I'm an avid people-watcher (not the creepy kind), and I love the musical rhythm of a good auctioneer. It's good, cheap entertainment, and it's amazin' how much stuff I've gotten at auctions for next to nothin' that I use purty frequently.

Norm's Auction in Hanover was right up the road from where we used to live, so I'd go there often. Now that we've moved, it's a bit more of a hassle to go, but occasionally I'll take the long way home after the mornin' milkin' and check it out.

I stopped in last week on the way home from the farm. I not only grabbed a few things we could use around the house, I also had a few fun purchases.

Jesse and I would spend hours at a pop on Grandma Reinhart's version of Charger, which she still has in her basement. So, when this one went untouched all the way down to 50 cents, I figured it was time to grab somethin' for the niece and nephew to play on when they come over.

The best part was watchin' him buck around in the bed of the truck the whole way home. Can't even imagine what was goin' through the heads of the folks that followed me. I drove the whole way home gigglin' like a schoolboy that just discovered armpit farts...

1 comment:

  1. I love it! My parents have a WonderMare from 1961. All of us played on it, and all the grandkids do, too. You got a darn sweet deal!

    ReplyDelete