Sunday, June 14, 2015

Deliciousness

I had all intentions of doin' some serious bloggin' today. Sat down in my recliner for the first time in quite awhile, and wound on catchin' up on sleep instead.

So, for now I'll just leave you with this brick of culinary excellence I enjoyed a few weeks back...

I started with a stout chunk of deer loin, which I sliced in half like a loaf of bread. Next, I gave it a good rub down with a spicy barbeque sauce a friend had whipped up from scratch. I then threw in some cream cheese that needed used up (it had been frozen, and it gets crumbly after that) and a handful of pickled jalapeño slices. Put everything back together, wrapped it with bacon, and slapped it on the grill. I cooked it to an internal temp of 135°, grabbed a cold beer and chowed down.

From start to finish, it took around 45 minutes, and it was pretty damn delicious, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment