Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Honky-tonk

Recorded live on 20 November, 2011 at Clifton Park, NY. He's got a ton of live footage out there, but unfortunatly most of it's cell phone quality. For that reason, here's the studio cut for ya too...
I won't list the studio album though, since it was released more or less a "fuck you" from Curb Records to Hank III.

If you've never had a chance to see him live, make time and get it done. Basically he plays three sets; a traditional county set, a rockabilly set, and then a speed/doom metal set. Most of his shows are anywhere from three to four hours... he makes sure you get your money's worth. Schlongie and I went to a show about five or six years ago, and it was fuckin' awesome. I wasn't quite as much into the speed/doom metal at that point in my life, so we took off after the Hellbilly set. I've been tryin' to get a chance to see him again ever since, but I just haven't been able to make it work yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment