Monday, December 13, 2010

Skunked

Well, looks like the ol' ought-six will get stuck back on the gun rack, unsatisfied, yet again. Been a few years since I've bloodied her, and I did nothing to improve that on Saturday.

Due to some holiday stuff goin' on, I decided to forgo the trip upstate and hunt at the farm. There's been plenty of deer around there, and I always enjoy getting a chance to hunt and drive with those guys.

To start it off, I overslept, and things just went downhill from there. My little brother Joe went to where I probably would have been and he watched a few deer, including a six-pointer, browse in the swamp below him. We spent the rest of the day driving, had deer moving all over the place, but didn't have standers in the right place to intercept them. A lot of walking, a lot of fun, but not many results.

Good reports from upstate though... Ron bagged an eight-pointer that he missed last weekend, and cousins Nate and Adam got a pair of big does. And the season ain't over yet... there's still late archery and muzzleloader so I might fill another tag before it's all said and done.

The weekend wasn't a lost cause though... when the huntin' was through, I put on my Santa suit and joined a bunch of friends in town for the 6th Annual Gettysburg Santa Crawl. Too much booze, but always a good time. Gets this ol' boy in the holiday spirit.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Illegal Download of the Post

I've been suckin' hind tit on my music duties. It was the thick of the huntin' season, what can I say? For that reason I'll give ya two today...

Song: Country Boy
Artist: Aaron Lewis
Album: Town Line (2011)

Song: Shit Creek
Artist: Bad Livers
Album: Delusions of Banjer (1992)




Y'all take care, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment