Thursday, September 17, 2015

Back in the saddle

With the batshit crazy schedule that I keep, one of my favorite activities has kinda fallen by the wayside the last few years. I used to live for goose season, and loved spendin' time with the ol' man and my brothers chasin' 'em. Anymore, I'm just a "shooter" when it comes to geese. If someone wants an extra gun in the goose blind, I'll gladly tag along, but I don't have time nor ambition to scout, set up and hunt for 'em by myself.

Well, it had been damn near two years since I dropped the hammer on an ol' honker, so when Joe insisted that he had some birds patterned and I needed to come help him shoot 'em, I was purty excited.

Awesomely enough, the birds did what they were supposed to do, and I was thrilled to make a significant contribution to the pile of geese. Felt really good to be covered up in geese again, and hopefully I don't allow myself to get into another two-year drought.

No comments:

Post a Comment