Thursday, September 1, 2011

Goose and Dove Opener

Today marks one of the best days of the year in my family, the openers for early goose and dove season here in ol' Pennsyltucky. It's the annual start to the fall huntin' season, and a day that I look forward to as much for its symbolic nature as I do for the hunt itself. The first day always brings fond memories of walkin' the cornfields with good friends and family, bangin' away at doves and then divin' into a goose blind to finish the evenin' out.

My schedule bein' as it is, I might not be able to make it out until the last hour of daylight, but damnit, I'll take the gun for a walk around the farm just to say I did. Hopefully I'll get a little more time this weekend, although I'm plannin' on goin' to an auction with some buddies on Saturday.

I bid my friend on the Main Line good luck, as hopefully he'll be able to get out for a hunt soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment