Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hail to thee, our Alma Mater...

My community suffered a terrible blow last night. Five teenagers who had just left school for the day were killed in a horrific accident, just several hundred yards away from the home where I grew up.

Nobody really knows just what happened yet, but the fact of the matter is that these are kids that my little brother went to school with; brothers, sisters and cousins of kids that I went to school with. New Oxford is your typical Small Town, USA, where your school and community mean a lot to everyone. This is the kind of hurt that everyone in the area feels.

The bad thing is that it happens to almost every high school class in America... this kind of situation brings back vivid memories of some of my friends and classmates who left us too early. To lose five at once is a different kind of pain.

Things are gonna be kinda rough around here for awhile.

2 comments:

  1. Hardcore man. It's never good hearing about this kind of thing. As a little kid, I remember my mom always telling me that everything happened for a reason, and that it was "all in God's plan."

    Now I can subscribe to that philosophy in relation to all that has happened in my own life, but I can't imagine God having any plan drawn up that required five kids to lose their lives like this. But then again, I'm just a mortal man...

    Prayers for their families are headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second what CD said.

    Thoughts and prayers...

    ReplyDelete