Saturday, October 19, 2013

Bow season thus far

I haven't gotten out in the woods as much as I'd hoped to, but I'm gettin' out just enough to scratch the itch. I ain't seen any bucks yet, and I've passed on a handful of baldies. Regardless, it's right relaxin' to be 25' up a tree with nothin' to do but sit there and watch for deer.

I will admit, I've been spendin' too much time on my leash phone in the stand, but I usually curb that as the season progresses. The only upside to that nasty habit is I take a lot more pictures.
Overlookin' Apple Country in northern Adams County

Some slickheads that got a pass

Another young doe that got a pass

It's a little hard to see, but this ol' squirrel has a half-ear of
corn in his gums, and I was at least 200 yards from the
nearest cornfield.

Panoramic from the high point on one of our properties

Plenty of color left on the trees 


The early inline muzzleloader doe season came in this mornin', so I reckon I'll go out and whack some freezer meat after work today. I love to use that gun, but it's almost like cheatin' this early in the season. After that, it'll be back to chasin' the bucks with the bow.

1 comment:

  1. Good photos, you will be eating good soon. Still feels early here but it cooled down some today.

    ReplyDelete