Friday, January 14, 2011

It is I, misser of foxes...

I went out for a quick deer hunt before work this mornin'. Not surprisingly, I didn't see any deer.

I had a great show for the hour that I was there, though. There was a pair of foxes running circles around the farm all mornin'. I heard 'em yippin' and carryin' on as I was walking to the stand, and it wasn't long before they came out and started runnin' around the field. They'd run down the middle of the field together, then split up, run to either side of the field, then hunt their way back up the treeline. They did this two of three times, the one on my side runnin' right behind me. Finally I started squeakin' on the back of my hand, and they ran out in front of me, about 25 yards. And yup... missed. Third one I've missed this year, the last two with the muzzlebanger. Shot high on all of 'em. As I was walkin' out, I turned around and they were runnin' right at me. I thought about shootin' again, but I was gittin' kinda close to the landowner's house, and frankly, I'm sick of wastin' ammo.

As much as it sucks gettin' up early to hunt, then tryin' to sit in front of a computer all day, gettin' to see stuff like that is why I do it. Definitely had a great and memorable mornin'.


••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Illegal Download of the Post

Every now and then, I'll just scroll through the iTunes playlist with my eyes closed, and post whatever I stop on.... no matter how ridiculous. This is one of those mornings. Luckily enough, it was a good one this mornin', and not anything embarrassing.

Song: One Horse Town
Artist: Hank Williams III
Album: Lovesick, Broke & Driftin' (2002)



Y'all take care, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment