Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Watch your pets

As the peak of the rut is upon us, J-Ro took time out of his day to remind me where I sit on the deer huntin' totem pole. I've always known there were better deer hunters than me out there...

But I never thought I'd be bested by a snake, however.

Officials in south Florida were in for a surprise last week when they cut open the belly of a 16-foot Burmese python they had captured and killed in the Everglades.

Inside the reptile they found a 76-pound, fully intact deer, the Sun-Sentinel reports.
For you folks that don't hunt, that's a decent-sized yearling doe.

The girth of the snake's stomach, stretched to accommodate the carcass, measured a whopping 44.1-inches. From head to tail, the reptile measured 15.65 feet.
 I'm 6'4" and wear size 44 jeans. Note to self... never get one of these bastards for a pet.

Read the rest of the article, and be sure to check out the pictures. Gives me another reason to keep my ass away from Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment