Monday, January 23, 2012

Coast to coast





A friend of mine that I used to work with and her husband (who gave me the Yota) are in the process of movin' to Bethany Beach, Delaware, to take care of her mother. Awesomely enough, they'll be livin' about 300 yards away from the beach. They needed some help movin' their mattress and boxspring, and I had nothin' better to do, so we made a beach run yesterday.

Her husband used to live in Mexifornia and Oregon when he had the truck, so I know it saw the Pacific Ocean. I don't think he ever had it out this way, so since we were so close I took it to see the Atlantic. There was nobody on the beach so I went ahead and rolled right on up to the water. Good to know the ol' truck has now officially been coast to coast across this great land.

On a side note, it's been a few years since I've been across the Bay Bridge to the Eastern Shore. Sure was good to be back, and it was awesome seein' thousands upon thousands of geese. We used to deer hunt on the Shore several times every year, and I always enjoyed the sounds of geese flyin' over all day in the deer stand. I really miss doin' that... Maybe I'll get a MD license this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment