Friday, January 10, 2014

The Growler Diaries, vol. 7

I heard about this intriguin' brew a few months ago. Hell, just the name alone was gimmicky enough to make me want to try it... Spring House's The Martians Kidnap Santa! Eggnog Stout.

I wasn't real sure what to expect with this one. I've found over the years that Spring House's offerin's were usually hit or miss. I'd been waitin' impatiently to find it on tap locally, and one day I walked into the bar I moonlight at, and lo and behold, there it was. I sampled it that night, and decided it was worth fillin' the growler.

It's not the quite what I expected, but not bad. I thought it could use a little more eggnog flavor, and the aftertaste leaves a little be be desired, but the nose and taste are quite nice. A worthwhile growler fill, although I'm not sure I'd want to buy an entire case of it.

****************************************************************
Pour Six
Little Red Rooster Coffee Cream Stout
Starr Hill Brewery

Pour Five
Perpetual IPA
Troegs Brewing Company

Pour Four
Guinness Draught
Guinness & Co.

Pour Three
Troegs Nugget Nectar
Troegs Brewing Company

Pour Two
Zack Morgan's Pale Ale
Morgantown Brewing Company

Pour One
Troegs Mad Elf
Troegs Brewing Company

No comments:

Post a Comment