Friday, February 11, 2011

Outdoor Show

I'm a little slow on the draw for this, but those of you that reside in the Northeast might want to check this out. This weekend's the last weekend for it.

I ain't gonna make it up there, but I've been there a few times back in the day. I have lots of fond childhood memories of Jesse and I crammin' into Dad's ol' Ranger and headin' up the last Sunday. Hell, Jess and I used to save our pennies all year just so we could spend it at the show. If we were gonna get a good deal on stuff, the last day was the day. The vendors don't want to pack all that stuff up when they can sell it.

I haven't been up in a few years, but the last time I was there, it was so damn big you'd have to run around all day to see half of it. The best way to go about it anymore is to check out the vendor list and the floor plan, then devise a game so you can see what you want. They even have a show planner app to help ya. If you got an outdoor hobby, or are lookin' for information on a hunt, or even just need to burn a Sunday afternoon, this is the place to do it.

Just make sure you take some money along. It's real hard to go there and not spend it... which is why I ain't goin'.


••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Illegal Download of the Post

The Rock Band game is a brilliant waste of time, but I suck at it because I never play. However, the game did introduce us to some awesome music that many of us otherwise might not have heard about. These guys have a cult following, and had I not played the game, I might have missed out on the awesomeness.

Song: Welcome Home
Artist: Coheed and Cambria
Album: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness (2005)


Y'all take care, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment