Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 1

After over five years of plannin', I am finally headin' out on a dream western hunt with my uncle Bill, our good friend Ron, who hosts our huntin' camp upstate, and Ron's father, Karl. Ron and Karl have done this many times before, and Uncle Bill has been out with them once. This will be my first time, and prolly last for a while. For our mutual benefit, I'll be postin' updates and pictures daily, as internet connection allows. Our quarry will be mule deer, antelope, whitetails, merriam turkey and coyote, along with heavy doses of sightseein'... there will be plenty of pictures to share along the way.


•••

Crashed at Grandma's house for a few hours after work, then Uncle Bill and I left Gettysburg about 7:30. Met up with Ron and Karl in Watsontown, PA, loaded everything into Bill's Suburban and the U-haul, and off we went. Rainin' the whole damn way.

Arrived in Sandusky, Ohio in the early evening. Finally drove outta the damn rain and it looks like we shouldn't run into too much more from here on out.

Had dinner at a nearby Applebee's and sat next to former Miss Ohio and Miss America Jacquelyn Mayer. Karl spent most of dinner talkin' to her. I enjoyed my first Sam Adams Octoberfest of the season. A good day was had by all.

Tomorrow's leg of the journey will take us to Lincoln, Nebraska. Talk at ya then.

No comments:

Post a Comment