Monday, October 24, 2011

New Toy

The trip to Wyoming did a number on my personal funds as expected. However, I stumbled upon this at a gun show over the weekend and couldn't help myself, and the price was right and doable.



It's a CVA 12-gauge black powder shotgun, 1999 NWTF Limited Edition "Gobbler" model. Being that a long-time bucket list item is whackin' a turkey with a black powder gun, I'm really excited to finally have one. They ain't easy to find used and priced right, especially with a sidelock. Been lookin' for one of these for several years now.

Hours of figgerin' out how the work the damn thing and copious amounts of load development await me, but I'm lookin' forward to it. Hopefully it'll pay off come next April.

•••

And a new song that I heard over the weekend that's stuck in my head... might as well share the joy. The video is actually purty funny, and there's some fun cameos at the end.

Drink up, bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment