Monday, April 18, 2011

Youth Spring Gobbler Hunt

At long last, the time is just about upon us.

This Saturday mornin', my new buddy Daxton, his Pap and I are headin' up to Orrtanna to chase after that gaudy gobblin' bastard that I heard up there a few weekends ago. This'll only be my second 5A turkey hunt, so we'll all be learnin' on this one.

I plan to go up to scout either Thursday or Friday mornin' before work so I can get a better line on where we need to set up. As long as we hear birds and have some action, that's all I'm worried about 'cuz that's what it's all about. I just want Dax and his Pap to have a good time, and if we play our cards right we might get a big ol' strutter in our lap.


This'll also be my first Youth Hunt that Joe and I didn't go out, since he's too old now. Although we had a good run... in our four youth hunts together we were successful for two of 'em.



Gonna be a long week waitin' for this one!




••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Illegal Download of the Post


This song came out a few years ago, and I'm still a big fan. Haven't really heard too much from these guys before or since, but this song lived at the top of the Sirius Octane Top 20 list for a while. They're on the road with the big names though, so they have enough cred to get by.

Song: Home
Artist: Bobaflex
Album: Tales From Dirt Town (2007)


Y'all take care, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment